Feb 25 2010
Things I want to do, when I can find time in my life.
- Learn how to competently use video-editing software (FinalCut Pro?)
- Get a handle on CSS. Update May 15, 2010: I’ve made some progress on this through working on the Harvard Asian American alumni summit Web site.
- Be involved in a documentary of some repute.
- Learn more about accounting, mostly to read income statements.
- Re-invigorate my Spanish, which has decayed since my time in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
- Spend a decent amount of time in Africa, maybe Malawi, where my friends are doctors; South Africa, where my friend, Hugo, is from; and Zimbabwe, where Camfed does a lot of impactful work.
- Spend time in Southeast Asia (visiting an xkcd school in Laos?).
- Go to Burning Man.
- Become decent at Python, Ruby or PHP (though csilvers says he will refuse to speak to me if I learn PHP). Update April 29, 2010: I’m getting better a little bit at a time writing Python scripts.
- Spent a year plus in China. Enough to get my Chinese to almost literary, but not so much that the pollution adversely affects my health.
- Join a start-up or early stage company. Open to suggestions.
- Get a handle on usability and design. Update May 15, 2010: I tweeted this goal and had a lot of wonderful people reply with suggestions of courses, conferences and even an offer on one-on-one tutor.
More to come…